Monday, April 5, 2010

Phase 2 Notes

Not sure if I will do another round, but I would like to put some notes down for my personal record of things I want to remember from Phase 2 while it's still fresh in my mind.

|01|Load properly! This round I didn't not eat enough good fats (avocado, dairy, nuts) so I was STARVING during the first week. I don't want to go through that again.

|02|Drink as much water as possible. You may be in the bathroom as much as you were when you were pregnant, but it helps you lose. Carry your water bottle everywhere (mine had the measurements on the side for easier counting). At least 3 liters per day.

|03|Take Potassium 99mg/3xdaily to prevent from getting lightheaded and dizzy.

|04|Carry L-Glutamine in my purse for sudden cravings.

|05|The first week is always the hardest to resist junk food. Pictures, words, and smells may trigger those cravings, but the temptation will pass!

|06|I didn't feel full until around day 5+.

|07|Eat slowly. Enjoy those 500 calories!

|08|Too much Smooth Move tea = heavy stomach cramping

|09|Tea is key. My favorites were Green and Yerba Mate during the day. A decaffeinated "sleepy" tea was helpful in relaxing me before bed.

|10|Detox baths don't work very well to help drop pounds, but definitely produce better BMs.

|11|No TOM! Enough said.

|12|Watch the salt intake. If I made soup I think I over salted causing less of a loss.

|13|Don't buy too much produce for the week or it may go bad before you can get to it all.

|14|Weighing, portioning, and cooking most meals the night prior helps when I am out for the day.

|15|The best times to eat for me were breakfast at 0930, lunch at 1200, snack at 1400, and dinner at 1830.

|16|Avoid eating out at all costs.

|17|Cheating is never worth it. Most of the time what my mind remembers as being delicious ended up tasting like plastic or fake.

|18|Only take body measurements once a week.

|19|Remember that Phase 2 is only a month long. I have the rest of my life to eat the things outside of protocol. This is a life long change.

|20|ALWAYS remember to smile. Even if you don't get to the goal you initially wanted.

1 comment:

lavenderdiva said...

those are all EXCELLENT reminders of P2! I am saving your post to help me- Thanks for posting this Lily!