Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Phase 3 Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe

I searched high and low for a SF taco mix at the grocery store. Here is a picture of the mix I found a Whole Foods. The brand is Wick Fowler's and the ingredients are: ground chili peppers, salt, onion, comino, garlic, oregano. Simple right? Silly me, didn't even think that perhaps I could make my own. So I used  the trusty internet to find a recipe. By the way, did you know that comino is cumin? Same thing!

|Taco Seasoning|
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper

In a small bowl mix together all ingredients. Store in airtight container.

No comments: