Thursday, April 1, 2010

VLCD 26: Caterpillar Phase

Start Date R1: March 5, 2010
Today's Date: April 1, 2010
Start weight: 151 lbs
Goal: 130 lbs
Yesterday's Weight: 137.8 lbs
Today's Weight: 137.2 lbs
Loss: -0.6 lbs
Total Loss: -13.8 lbs

Today’s Menu
B: Coffee and apple
L: Chicken with spinach chips
S: Strawberries
D: Chicken with cabbage salad
Daily Calorie Intake:  450 calories


All night I suffered through a sore throat. It came out of nowhere. I had no idea what I could do to help ease the pain. I probably picked up a bug while apartment hunting yesterday. To make matters worse I think this is going to be my last day of taking HCG. Somehow I am running out fast. Maybe the bottle fell over and leaked in the fridge? Either way it looks like I have enough for tonight then that's it! Though I am VERY content on the amount of weight/inches I have lost, I am not sure if I am ready to throw in the towel just yet. So instead of just ending Phase 2 I might do a "planned interruption" since I still have one more vial of HCG left. I really need your help to make sure this is correct:

Saturday 4/3 - Last Dose of HCG
Sunday 4/4 - VLCD
Monday 4/5 - VLCD 
Tuesday 4/6 - VLCD 
Wednesday 4/7 - Planned Interruption Begins (Phase 3 eating)
Monday 4/19 - Last Day of Planned Interruption
Tuesday 4/20 - Begin Taking HCG without loading

That will be JUST under two weeks of Phase 3 style eating. Then I just jump back into taking HCG to finish off that last batch? Hope I figured that out right! I will decide by tonight if this is something I want to do.

My Phase 2 food supplies are slowly depleting. All I have left for proteins is the chicken that I premeasured in containers. I think today is going to  be a pajamas/lounging day with lots of tea (for the sore throat). Being a housewife seems like such a lazy thing! The days of working and being a full time student are only months away, so I'm soaking up this time while I still can. It's funny because I looked at this diet as my "caterpillar phase" were I hide in my cocoon (house). After I have stabilized (possibly incorporating light exercising) in Phase 3 and become comfortable with adding back starches and sugars in Phase 4, I will emerge a butterfly.. beautiful inside and out! So corny I know, but just the kind of thing I need to make me smile.

2 comments:

K said...

Hi Lily,

I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. I tried to send you an email to share some details of similarity with you but for some reason your email address doesn't show up on the template. Right now try to focus on your eating - at this point it's the thing that you can have control of and then wait for everything else to sort itself out. I'm sending you thoughts of strength to get through this difficut time.

Lily said...

My email is magnificentmamma@hotmail.com. Sorry bout that I'll try to fix it so it shows! I would love to hear from you. I'm at a tough place in my life right now.