Monday, March 8, 2010

VLCD 2: Mind Over Matter

Start Date R1: March 5, 2010
Start weight: 151 lbs
Goal: 130 lbs
Yesterday's Weight: 152.6 lbs
Today's weight: 149.4 lbs
Overnight Loss: -3.2 lbs
Total Loss: -3.2 lbs

Today’s Menu
B: Coffee with chocolate Stevia and half an orange
S: Half an orange
L: Seasoned chicken with asparagus
S: Melba toast and Yerba Mate tea
D: Steak with cucumber salad
Daily Calorie Intake: 440 calories
Water Intake: 2.5 liters

When I woke up this morning I tried to listen to my body. I didn't really feel like I had lost any weight. I also felt a little pang of hunger, but nothing too unbearable. Stepped on the scale.. boy was I surprised! I lost the 1.6 lbs from loading plus an additional 1.6 lbs. Maybe this diet works after all, haha. I do want to note that yesterday I went to the bathroom constantly from my increased intake of water. I felt like I was pregnant again (ironic seeing as I am taking HCG). Not cheating is really rewarding. The thoughts ran in the back of my mind that maybe I should add another loading day whenever my tummy rumbled. I stuck to my guns though! Definitely paid off. I hope with each day that it gets easier to resist. It is silly, but even words trigger the hunger. Like on the radio they said the word "fiesta" and it automatically sent my mind sailing to fiesta burgers, tacos, and margaritas. NO! I will not let my hunger get the best of me. P2 is only a short amount of time. Eventually I will be able to slowly reintroduce what I miss into my diet. Or maybe I will not even want to. This is the exciting part about the diet for me. I am reprogramming my brain and testing self control.

For breakfast I had a cup of coffee with Stevia. I tried to go without coffee yesterday, but I missed it too much. I love the smell. It really wakes me up and brings a smile to my face. I tried to eat my fruit slower this morning, really enjoying it. Went on a short shopping trip to Walmart and Whole Foods for supplies. Came home and ate the second half of my orange. For lunch I had chicken and asparagus again. Around 3-4 PM I started getting hungry so I ate a melba and drank some tea. For dinner I tried making a cucumber salad with apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Stevia. I loved it.. very refreshing! I also pan grilled some round steak with a little seasoning. That was also very tasty. Surprisingly, I didn't feel the need for my second fruit or melba. Maybe this means I am adjusting? I am ending the night with a cup of my new sleepy tea. I'll let you know how it worked tomorrow:)

No comments: