Wednesday, March 10, 2010

VLCD 4: French Fry Challenge

Start Date R1: March 5, 2010
Start weight: 151 lbs
Goal: 130 lbs
Yesterday's Weight: 147.8 lbs
Today's weight: 146.6 lbs
Overnight Loss: -1.2 lbs
Total Loss: -6 lbs

Today’s Menu
B: Coffee with chocolate Stevia and half an apple
S: Half an apple and melba
L: ACV cocktail, seasoned chicken, and cucumber salad
S: None
D: Ground beef with spinach chips and melba
Daily Calorie Intake: 457 calories
Water Intake: 2.5+ liters

This morning I woke up feeling the same as yesterday minus the headache. I wasn't sure if I had lost any weight. Scale read 146.6 lbs with a loss of 1.2 lbs from yesterday. Secretly I was hoping it at least read 145.8 lbs. I haven't seen 145 lbs in years! But I need to be grateful for my awesome loss today. I need to keep fighting my cravings and stick to protocol so that each day is just as rewarding.

Today my stomach is growling less. I also haven't had a headache since last night. Finally broke them after two days straight! I felt full after half an apple and 8 ounces of coffee. This is abnormal from previous days. About two hours later, I polished off the rest of the apple, a melba, and 8 more ounces of coffee. For lunch I had an ACV cocktail and chicken with cucumber salad. I realize each day I have a fairly similar menu, but I am trying to slowly introduce things. Like change a vegetable, but make sure everything else is something I have made before. This way I am not going crazy eating whatever I think is right. It helps me experiment without regrets, since I know at least one meal will be something I enjoy. I put on some mineral makeup today for the first time so I am curious to see if it affects my loss tomorrow.

I had my minor surgery in the afternoon. I totally forgot to bring water, tea, or my fruit so I went four hours straight without anything! Luckily it didn't really bother me until the end. Mostly because my blood sugar was low. I tested myself on the way home after picking my daughter up from daycare. I went to Wendy's to get her a kids meal since I wasn't up to cooking her dinner. I ALMOST ate a fry. That was the hardest thing I have had to do on this diet yet. Not eat that fry, haha. If I ate that fry I would have turned into a monster. I'm proud of myself:-)

For dinner I had ground beef, spinach chips, and melba. I tried to eat both my melbas today because I am now on pain killers and antibiotics. I also tried to drink as much water possible. Hopefully I won't get too silly! Overall improvement today with no headaches and less hunger. The ACV cocktails are okay in moderation (kind of make my tummy hurt if I drink to much) to kill hunger.

No comments: