Tuesday, March 9, 2010

VLCD 3: Headaches

Start Date R1: March 5, 2010
Start weight: 151 lbs
Goal: 130 lbs
Yesterday's Weight: 149.4 lbs
Today's weight: 147.8 lbs
Overnight Loss: -1.6 lbs
Total Loss: -4.8 lbs

Today’s Menu
B: Coffee with chocolate Stevia and half an orange
S: Half an orange
L: Seasoned chicken with asparagus and ACV cocktail
S: Strawberries and green tea
D: Steak with spinach chips
Daily Calorie Intake: 468 calories
Water Intake: 2.5 liters

Hunger has decreased slightly, but MAJOR headaches throughout the day yesterday. Last night was the worst! It kept me up until at least midnight if not later. I have read that this common in other dieters. The bad thing is I cannot take an aspirin since I am having a minor medical procedure done tomorrow. I just have to push through the pain, just like the cravings. Speaking of cravings, they are getting less and less as the days go by (still fairly strong). This is a good sign! Stepped on the scale today to see another 1.6 lbs gone. I was so happy to see this. It's funny because in the past I have always been able to sort of feel if I have lost weight. Maybe because it was just water weight? I don't know, but I cannot rely on my eyes or feelings anymore. The scale and measurements are the only sure way to know.

I inhaled my half an orange this morning. I got caught up at an appointment so I didn't get home until almost 10 AM. Next time I will plan better and bring my breakfast with me. Tried making an ACV Cocktail* before lunch. Had the same thing (chicken with asparagus). I actually felt full after lunch. This is a new experience since my "loading" days. Around 3-4 PM I got hungry (just like yesterday) so I snacked on some strawberries. Last night I made a big batch of green tea (sweetened with a little Stevia) to put in the fridge so it's quick to get some on the go. Came in handy when I was sitting in traffic. Ate dinner around 6:30 PM. Made steak again, but this time I tried a spinach chip recipe** I found. This is my new favorite vegetable dish.. it tastes so yummy! Thinking of drinking some of my Smooth Move tea before bed. The sleepy tea I drank last night was very good. I saved one strawberry for dessert later:)

*Apple Cider Vinegar Cocktail: 2 tablespoons ACV, 16 ounces of water, and 4 drops of Stevia. ACV is supposed to help break down fat, control blood sugar levels, and help stabilize appetite. I found information on ACV here.
**Spinach Chip recipe

No comments: