Thursday, March 11, 2010

VLCD 5: Less Hunger FINALLY

Start Date R1: March 5, 2010
Start weight: 151 lbs
Goal: 130 lbs
Yesterday's Weight: 146.6 lbs
Today's weight: 145.6 lbs
Overnight Loss: -1 lbs
Total Loss: -7 lbs

Today’s Menu
B: Half an apple and coffee
S: Half an apple
L: Steak and tomato
S: Strawberries
D: ACV cocktail and chili chicken soup
Daily Calorie Intake: 495 calories
Water Intake: 3+ liters

I felt like crap today. Not because of the diet. It's because of my damn surgery. I am in a lot of pain. I was prescribed Vicodin. Since my calorie intake is so low and I had to drive today I could only take one pill when I woke up. This morning I was so shaky after taking my pills. My blood sugar was very low. I had to sit down, drink water, and eat an apple. The funny thing was that I wanted to eat the whole apple in my head, but my body was full after half. So I tossed what I couldn't eat back in the fridge for later. Took a travel cup of coffee with me to our WIC appointment. I was pleased to find they were giving free H1N1 shots. I have already received mine, but my daughter hasn't so she got one. Dropped her off at daycare after. Coffee was extra tasty today. Not sure why. Maybe my sense of taste is changing since my diet is a lot more pure? Kind of exciting if you think about it. Went to Walmart to pick up some Ketone Sticks. I have read good and bad things about how helpful they are. My reading was "moderate".

I HAD to take another pill because the pain was unbearable around 10:30 AM. Since I was taking another pill I decided to finish my apple with it. I didn't want it for hunger. Speaking of hunger.. where did it go? Haha. I obviously have been hungry, but it's less times during the day and once I start eating I have to force myself to finish the portions. Ate grilled steak and a sliced tomato with salt for lunch.

I slept almost all afternoon. This medication and pain is kicking my butt! Ate strawberries for a snack even though I wasn't very hungry. I mainly want to keep something in my stomach so the pain killers don't make me sick. For dinner I tried making a chili chicken soup. Basically I precooked my chicken, cut up some cabbage, and threw it in a pot of boiling water that had been mixed with chili powder, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and Stevia. It was nice to have a "broth" to drink while I feel yucky. I am a fan of this now because it was very filling. It was sweet and spicy too.

Honestly I am not expecting a large loss tomorrow. I ate as many calories as I could, drank a ton of water, and after being on pain killers for two days I am assuming I will retain a little water. We will see tomorrow!

No comments: